I am a creative person who has trouble coming up with ideas.  I like to start with patterns or tutorials then change things as I go.  I cook the same way!

I knit, sew, spin, can, crochet, and create various crafts as the mood strikes me.  I love food, way more than I should really, given that I had bariatric surgery in 2017 and my stomach has shrunk considerably.  Still, I love the idea of making new dishes and trying new ideas.  Even though I cannot imagine actually eating the food, I absolutely love The Great British Baking Show!

I like Superheroes, Science Fiction, and Fantasy enough to be a fan but not enough to be a fangirl.  Sure, I enjoy the movies in the MCU and have read a reasonable number of the Marvel Civil War comics but that does not mean that I can enumerate with any eloquence the similarities and differences in the respective storylines.

I believe in putting two spaces after a period; perhaps because I learned to type on a typewriter.  This makes me sound old but it was the early nineties and although computers were definitely a thing then, there weren’t enough to go around and we traded on and off.  Anyway, I am pretty sure that two spaces was the rule back then.  As a society, we had not really adjusted to the kerning computers were capable of.  I know it theoretically should be “of which computers were capable” but even though I generally feel strongly about proper grammar, I feel even more strongly about not sounding like a pompous windbag refusing to end sentences with prepositions no matter how awkward that makes them.  Speaking of grammar, I also believe in the Oxford comma.  If you don’t know what that means, it won’t bother you when I use it.  If you do know, please be aware that I get why you might not want to put a comma there but I do – it is less ambiguous.  I have a general distaste for linguistic ambiguity, which is kind of surprising given that it is what got me through years of English classes where I did not read the material on time as well as Statistics.

As much as I think about grammar, I did not actually take more than two English classes in college.  I studied Interdisciplinary Engineering at the University of Michigan where I also learned just enough French to make me pronounce things in a pretentious manner.

Currently, I am the Quality Manager at a company that makes safety equipment.  It is a relatively new company and I get to make the rules!  Well, I get to base them on the ISO / IEC rules for products used in potentially explosive environments, but it is good to have a jumping off point 🙂